What it's all about:

Each week I will put together an easy, kid friendly menu for a week's worth of meals, cooking tips and a shopping list so all you have to do is go to the store. It's an online support system to help you eat better and easier.

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Not Your Kid's Grilled Cheese Sandwhich

I don't have a full dinner post this week as we not only had company this weekend but had a beautiful weekend and so spent as much time as possible outside and with family.

But, I did try a new recipe that I had to share that was really good! Plus, I love grilled cheese sandwiches.


One of these days I'll remember to take pictures of my actual cooking, but for now am just stealing the photos from the websites.

Pretty much all of these things live in my kitchen and pantry at all times with some variation on the cheese. I used ciabatta bread, which I may or may not do again. It made for a very TALL sandwich, but it was super tasty with an extra crunch.


2 Slices Bread (Italian is recommended, but anything works)
1 Tbsp Butter
1 Slice American Cheese
1 Slice Provolone (I'll be trying it again with Havarti, just for fun)
2 Slices Tomato
1 Tbsp Pesto

Butter the bread, layer pesto, american cheese, tomato and provolone, pan fry for 5 minutes per side.

Or.

I cooked mine in the broiler (my mother in law's suggestion) since with the ciabatta bread, cooking in a pan was going to be challenging and I only buttered the top of the bread.

That's it! We loved it!


Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment