What it's all about:

Each week I will put together an easy, kid friendly menu for a week's worth of meals, cooking tips and a shopping list so all you have to do is go to the store. It's an online support system to help you eat better and easier.

Friday, February 27, 2015

Perfect 'Dinner for Four' Dessert

My husband has much better manners than I do and whenever we are invited to dinner at a friends house he always insists we bring something. Which I guess normal people think to do, mostly I'm just excited someone else is responsible for dinner that night. But, the flip side for me is that when I'm hosting dinner, I don't expect my guests to bring anything so it honestly doesn't enter my mind.

A frequent item to bring for a dinner would be wine or a dessert. Wine is great, easy, portable. Dessert can be tricky. Cooking, transportation, planning, etc. Plus the issue of what to bring. A cake? A plate of brownies? Pie? Cookies? That tends to be a lot of dessert for four people. How much baking is required and is stopping at the store for a store bought dessert acceptable? And then, do you leave the plate? Does it get washed?

So many issues...

Then I came across this recipe for Chocolate Banana Bread Pudding. Which more accurately should be called Banana Bread Pudding with Chocolate Chips.


This is perfectly proportioned for four people, with maybe a little leftover but really it's so good that will get scooped up quickly too.

It is incredibly easy to put together ahead of time and then once at your hosts house, pop it in when you sit for dinner and it will be perfectly ready just in time for dessert. Or cook ahead and reheat before serving, either way, serve warm!

4 Eggs
2 Cups Milk
1 Cup Sugar
1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
4 Cups cubed french bread (or any white bread)
2 bananas sliced
1 Cup Semisweet chocolate chips

Mix everything together and pour into a Greased 9x5 loaf pan, then ignore the rest of the instructions on the allrecipes site completely.

All you need to do is stick it in the oven for about 45-55 minutes at 350 degrees. Just until the top is golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment